THE BASIC RULE SET BY AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS TO MAKE A WELD SHALL BE MADE TO A QUALIFIED WELDING PROCEDURE, BY A SUITABLY QUALIFIED WELDER, CARRIED OUT UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A WELDING SUPERVISOR, THEN INSPECTED BY A WELDING INSPECTOR.
To Cover the basic stages of welding compliance...
At Elite Engineering WA we have qualified welding supervisors that can help your company to:
- Develop a list of joint configurations your company uses
- Develop Welding Procedure Qualification Records ( PQR's )
- Develop Welding Procedure Specifications ( WPS's )
- Supervise Welder Qualifications
- Arrange 3rd Party NATA Accredited testing to ensure all the testing is correct
- Welding Supervision
- 3rd Party Weld Inspections
- NDT Coordination
For example, once we have decided on what joint configurations are needed and the individual welding them, we will come to your workshop and witness the welding of the test piece by each welder, in which we record all the parameters, the welding consumables and any special requirements that need to be included on the Welding Procedure Specification. Once completed, we will identify the test pieces then dispatch them to a NATA approved lab for destructive testing.