AS 1554 Weld Procedure
THE BASIC RULE SET BY AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS TO MAKE A WELD SHALL BE MADE TO A QUALIFIED WELDING PROCEDURE, BY A SUITABLY QUALIFIED WELDER, CARRIED OUT UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A WELDING SUPERVISOR, THEN INSPECTED BY A WELDING INSPECTOR.
To Cover the basic stages of welding compliance...
Welding Procedure Specification
At Elite Engineering WA we have qualified welding supervisors that can help your company to:
- Develop a list of joint configurations your company uses
- Develop Welding Procedure Qualification Records ( PQR welding record )
- Develop Welding Procedure Specifications ( WPS welding specification )
- Supervise Welder Qualifications
- Arrange 3rd Party NATA Accredited testing to ensure all the testing is correct
- Welding Supervision
- Conduct Visual Welding Inspection
- 3rd Party Weld Inspections
- NDT Coordination
Welding Procedures Perth
We are happy to come and meeting with you to discuss your project requirements and come up with a plan to suit your needs, then we would move on to developing and testing the welding procedure. Developing and Testing welding procedures take from 1-2 weeks depending on the extent of destructive testing required.
For example, once we have decided on what joint configurations are needed and the individual welding them, we will come to your workshop and witness the welding of the test piece by each welder, in which we record all the parameters, the welding consumables and any special requirements that need to be included on the Welding Procedure Specification ( WPS PQR ). Once completed, we will identify the test pieces then dispatch them to a NATA approved lab for destructive testing.
Please contact us for a chat about how we can help with your Welding Procedures Perth
Pipe Welding Procedures
We not only do all parts of AS 1554 Welding Procedures we also do:
- AS 3992 Pipe Welding Procedures
- ASME IX Pipe Welding Procedures
- AWS D1.1 Welding Procedures
We also have an extensive range of AS 1554 Welding Procedures to do:
- Re-Bar Welding Procedures
- Stainless Steel Welding Procedures
- Wear Plate Welding Procedures